Bali in 00

Style: Personal Sequence
Teacher: Self
Studio: Hong Kong International Airport

After dangling over the Pacific Ocean for 18 hours I'm at the Hong Kong International Airport. It's somewhere around 5 am but I can't tell for sure. I have no sense of time. I've been saturated in airplane food and airplane T.V, airplane legroom with an airplane recline. I've got airplane bloodshot eyes. I'm ready for a new diet. In just under four hours I will be on board my last flight, nonchalantly crossing the equator and landing in Denpasar, Bali. After that I'll be on my way to Ubud, my home for the next stretch of time-space. As usual, I don't know what awaits me or what to expect. The difference is that I think I'm finally getting used to it. Nothing is predictable, no matter how hard we try. Life will never cease to be an adventure. It will always be a blind leap of faith. I think I'm finally ready to accept that. My heart and mind are open. Whatever comes my way will be greeted like an old friend, a cherished relative. I'm ready to live. I'm finished sleeping. In total acceptance I feel total appreciation. Right now, everything I've ever known and everyone I've ever loved are behind me. I find myself holding on to them with every ounce of love, strength and compassion I have. I can feel their belief in me and I have faith that it will carry me safely wherever I go. Sitting alone at the 49th gate of departures it's like my whole life is flashing through my mind. The airport looks deserted. There isn't another soul as far as the eye can see. No passengers, no employees. As I watch the sun rise through the massive windows, fire glinting across the parked airplanes motionless out on the concrete runway, an idea suddenly occurs to me. Before the thought has a chance to be reconsidered I'm flowing through sun salutations in the ghost-town airport, an improptu but refreshing personal practice that's taking on a life of its own. I'm breathing deeply. I'm equal parts scared, excited, homesick and prepared. Shaken not stirred. Standing on my head on the other side of the world below the equator, I know I'll feel upright in the Universe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment