Day 08

Style: Yin
Teacher: Mark Laham
Studio: Rama Lotus

This Yoga is gonna be the death of me. Or Mondays. Or maybe yoga on Mondays? Waking up for work at 4:30 am followed by 8 hours of school equals one tired yogi. Somedays I have to ask myself why. Am I a glutton for punishment? One day off couldn't possibly hurt... could it? Ah, who am I kidding. After one missed day the entire project would fall apart and disperse into a half-assed attempt, all conviction and confidence scattered to the corners of the Earth. No, I must continue. The 91st day will come, and on that day I will chill out and relax. Until then, the battle continues.

On the menu tonight is another Yin. Week 1 of the challenge has seen many Yin classes, and it's having a truly amazing effect on my mind and body. After tonight's session, I'll be shifting gears to more physical, strenuous styles as the second week progresses. For now I'm off to Rama Lotus. Coincidentally tonight's class is being taught by Mark, the teacher from last night via DVD. Tonight it's the live, in-person version. If I can manage to make it through, I'll be back under my covers and teleporting to dreamland as fast as I can, trying to get in a few hours sleep before 6:00 am work tomorrow. May the force be with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment