Day 61

Style: Yin
Teacher: Mark Laham (DVD)
Studio: Home Practice

As my train pulls into Union Station, rain streaking across the windows, I grab my luggage and make my way out into the night. The dismal weather mirrors the grey skies clouding my mind. Listening to car tires splash water onto the sidewalks, my memory drifts through frozen polaroids from my past. This morning my Grandfather passed away. His gentle spirit still lingers around me, and no matter what I do I can't seem to swallow the lump in my throat. I have no words. Only my breath, and I cling to it like a life preserver after the sinking of a ship.

In a world out of balance, where do I fit in? I have no solid answers, no conclusions, nothing. All I have is an inner resolve, an inner constitution that I'm desperately holding on to. I want things to work out for Mankind. I want us to be okay. The blurry image of my life is coming into focus more and more everyday. I'm starting to understand. There is no plan B. I don't know how, but I know what I have to do, what I'm here for. I'm going to stand up, against any odds, all adversity, and live for truth... no matter what the consequence. I pledge my life, my very existence, to our awakening. As cliché as it sounds, I believe in the power of love, I believe in the potential for a new tomorrow, and I'm willing to die for it.

Late in the middle of the night I settle into a reconstructive Yin sequence. The movements are counteracting the four and a half stagnant hours spent on the train, undoing the accumulated stiffness in my joints and muscles. Feeling my chest open as my spine folds backwards over my block in supported fish pose, I feel my heart explode. I have faith in us, in the human race. I know we'll persevere, I know we'll make the right choices. I know it's been a turbulent ride. I know we come from a dark history. But I also know that the human spirit will prevail. We're going to make it through, safe and sound to the other side. I believe in us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - Jesse.....beautiful posts..you've absolutely inspired me to commit to my own daily sadhana. Thank you. Ive wanted to start a blog of my own ..... and you've pushed me to do that. Can you tell me where you find your images?
E

Annie Beamish said...

Wow. very amazing. Its nice to see hear you talk about faith in mankind. I believe in love too... although we disagree on points, I think we believe in the same thing. Very refreshing.

Post a Comment