Day 50

Style: Power
Teacher: Bryan Kest (DVD)
Studio: Home Practice

Can't touch this. To complete the Bryan Kest Power yoga series, today I'm putting my New Kids On The Block cassette into my tape player, throwing on a fresh pair of Nike high-tops, and doing the running man over to my yoga mat.

After a long day at school, I figured it was as good a time as any to wrap up the Kest classes. At this point I've grown accustomed to 1995 and my attention doesn't waver as Bryan enthusiastically reminds me to move through the poses with "equanimity" in a southern Californian surfer-yogi accent. It's only the first few moments when I'm watching the screen anyway. As soon as the flow of posture begins, I'm not even looking anymore. I move inwards all over again, listening to the instruction and focusing on the mechanics of the mind and body.

0 comments:

Post a Comment