Day 74

Style: Ashtanga
Teacher: Michael Dynie
Studio: Rama Lotus

I'm going to Texas. I've never been, but tomorrow morning I'm scheduled to be on a flight to Austin. One of my yoga instructors, Ichih, is going to a workshop with her mentor, Baron Baptiste. A few weeks ago she told me about her trip and invited me to join. One of my favorite authors, Kurt Vonnegut, has a quote that came to mind: "Unexpected Travel Plans are dancing lessons from God." Not long ago I put out the intention that I was ready to do some international yoga travel, and the opportunity seems to have found me. In turn I've decided to accept. After all, who am I not to tie up my dancing shoes after an invitation from on high?

I don't know all that much about Mr. Baptiste. I do know that I am a huge fan of Power Vinyasa and Ichih's teaching style. I also know that Baron is very, very successful in the world of yoga, even considered a celebrity in some circles. While the notion of a celebri-yogi is a bit off-putting, Ichih holds him in high regard and that says a lot to me. I have nothing if not an open mind, and I told the Universe that I was ready for an adventure. I'm always prepared for a new experience. Getting into bed and setting my alarm for an early departure, I feel a tingling blend of excitement and nervous energy coursing through my body. I truly have no idea what to expect. Getting off the phone after scheduling a cab to pick me up at 5 am, I can't seem to fall asleep. My mind is reeling in anticipation. In a few short hours I'll be out of the country, headed deep into the southern United States. There is one thing I know for sure. I'm ready.

0 comments:

Post a Comment