Day 63

Style: Ashtanga
Teacher: Sharath Rangaswamy (DVD)
Studio: Home Practice

With my trip to Toronto cut short by unfortunate circumstances, I'm onboard a small propeller plane with Annie, closing the gap between me and my hometown. One thing about life is that it is absolutely unpredictable. Everything can change drastically from one moment to the next, turning upside down and inside out. Things happen fast. The Earth spins 1,038 miles per hour, moving around the Sun at about 67,000 miles per hour. Time passes at an unfathomably fast rate, disappearing in a blur. It's not something you can pin down and plan around. Reality is liquid, flowing where it may, changing direction on a dime without notice. The only choice we have is to enjoy it while we have it, to breathe while we have lungs to fill, to laugh whenever we can, to love as fully as possible. Sometimes it's difficult to see and feel appreciation for everything we have, everything we hold dear. Sometimes we forget the magic contained in every one of our moments. Looking through photos of my Grandfathers time spent here, I see a life fully lived. Talking to people who have been touched by his generosity, sense of humor, his willingness to help in any way he could, I'm gaining a valuable insight. I want to make an impact on people's lives like he did, to help in any way I can. I want to embody his strength and carry it with me for the rest of my days. I want to live by his example, to exude his infinite patience, to live as selflessly as he did. I want to take life seriously and make a tangible difference. I want to seize the day like he did, to make my life as extraordinary as his was. I want to care for humanity with every fiber of my being, to show compassion, humility, understanding and forgiveness. I want to live with integrity, passion, joy and hope. If I can maintain even the smallest fraction of the strength and love he had, I know without a shadow of a doubt that I can change the world. I love you Papa.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully expressed.

Post a Comment