Day 35

Style: Yin
Teacher: Mark Laham (DVD)
Studio: Home Practice

Okay, let's try this again. After being utterly defeated practicing yoga at home last night, I've decided to pass on all my favorite Sunday classes and dedicate another day. I can't use distraction as my excuse, blaming my difficulties on a DVD. Mark is one of my favourite teachers. There has to be more to the story. Finding myself a series of uninterrupted quiet moments, I prepare for my next inward journey. Tonight, something is different. The myriad of distraction is gone and I'm able to stay present as I move through the same postures as the night before. Instead of an impersonal digital dialogue, tonight I'm hearing the words fresh, as if for the first time. The world around me slows it's orbit and things are simplified. Not to say that tonight was without it's own struggle, but it was in sharp contrast with my previous lack of concentration. I'm still not sure what is holding me back personally from really cultivating a home practice, but I intend to get beyond it and start to unravel its mysteries.

0 comments:

Post a Comment