Day 46

Style: Hot
Teacher: Michael Dynie
Studio: Rama Lotus

It's a bit of a strange feeling. Today marks the crossing of a threshold, the passing of the halfway point. When I think about it, I feel like I've come a long, long way. At the same time though, it's like I'm still standing at the starting line. The process has only begun to make its mark on me.

Tonight I'm back in the Sun room at Rama Lotus, paying homage to the room that inadvertently won me 30 classes. When I was last here, they had some glitches with the temperature. Moving through a challenging Hot yoga sequence in the sweltering heat, gallons of sweat forming a puddle on my mat, I realize they must have figured it out. The heat is loosening and relaxing my muscles, helping me move into the positions deeper then ever.

Something is definitely happening to me... something special, something that isn't easy to describe. It's hard to remember a time when I didn't have a daily yoga practice. Maybe it was in a past lifetime. I look forward every day to that small slice of time when I put the world on hold and journey inside, penetrating the shell of my consciousness. When this challenge finally comes to an end, when I find myself on my ninety-first morning, what will I do then?

I'll probably unroll my yoga mat. Om Shanti.

0 comments:

Post a Comment